Wednesday 14 April 2010

Scrapping my son

As many of you know, I'm new to the worl of scrapbooking, coming from a card making background, and I am totally hooked! Lots of you out there who have been doing this for years will have already scrapped your children, but obviously I haven't but now I've made a start!
I'm going to call it 'The many faces of Ryan' and I have 2 8x8 cosmo cricket albums that I'm going to use. It is going to be slightly different to regular pages though in that I'm not giving each one a title and journalling, I'm just adding the year (and month if I have it).
So this is my first page.The page is a lot browner in real life than the photo shows.
Now I think I had an absolute bargain from QVC. I don't tend to buy that much from them as they can be quite expensive but every now and then something comes along that you think 'I must have that!' and this was one of those things. It's a 9000 piece Cosmo Cricket set for £35. There's so much in there, including 2 boxed 8x8 albums, a cube to make, brag books, magnetic frames, alphas, double sided papers, adhesive ribbons, ordinary ribbons, embellies etc etc This flower I had from my own stash.
As are these little gem flowers. I used my MArtha Stewart punch for the border.


So watch out for more pages and you'll see how he's changed over the years.
Hope you like it.
Ally
xx





7 comments:

  1. When you finish your albums your going to wish you had started scrapbooking earlier. I bet they will be wonderfull. Fab LO and even fabier (if such a word) bargin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ally, it's gorgeous :) I bet we're not the only ones that will be surprised in the change in him - I bet each time you scrap a photo you'll have so many memories flooding back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right..I don't think every page needs a title. And you aren't the only one who wishes she had discovered scrapbooking years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab! Like you, I come from a cardmakers background and have only been scrapping for about two years. At least you have kids to scrap and it will be great to look back on all your LOs and see how your kids have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO - I have that kit too and the papers are lovely. I have only really scrapped the last 3 years of my kids, and try to do an album a year and include some pages for each month..depending whether we have photos. I know my family really like looking through the pages - makes it a bit different to a normal photo album and I love doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO., Ally - Cosmo Cricket designs are great and that Martha Stewart punched border looks wonderful - i'm saving up to get one ( or two!)I love the idea of a mini-book about your son - I'm thinking of doing one about my DD1 in time for her 18th next year with one page and photo per year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails