Wednesday 27 April 2011

Penguins!

Do you have a favourite animal or bird? I just LOVE penguins. I don't know why but I always have. My children in my class by me penguin gifts, my family buy me penguin gifts. I love love love them!
I was at a craft fair in Braintree back in January or February and there was a decopatch stall there. Have you heard of them? Basically you buy a bare object and special, very thin paper. You tear the paper up and then stick it on your object. They had a penguin there so I just had to buy him and make him.
Here he is ...

He is sooooo cute and sits on my windowsill. It was ever so easy to do and didn't take that long, but the best bit was that I found it extremely therapeutic.

I've also covered a notebook now and am going to cover a heart next.

If you haven't had a go, give it a try.

Ally

xx

3 comments:

  1. Aww he's cute. We love penguins too although we call them 'men-gwins' cos that is what my niece called them when she was small and it has stuck.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable *lol* When my mum was preggers with my older brother, she had a real 'thing' for penguins, and took daytrips to Southampton Zoo nearly every day! 44 years later, and there's still more photographs of penguins than of me or my brother as babies .rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat's great. I've seen decopatch before but never used it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails