Sunday 6 June 2010

Gingersnap creations

Gingersnap Creations is a blog I have followed for a long time and have always admired the different, yet wonderful pieces of art that get displayed.
It's time to bite the bullet. Admiring is one thing, putting yours out there for others to see is quite another but I've come to the conclusion that what I do is what I do. To some it might be great, to others, not so great, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so they say and it's what I think that counts.

The theme was quotes. I've made an ATC for this challenge. The background is made from sprayed cosmic shimmer mists. I then stamped a text script and embossed it in gold. I then added a collage image, computer generated text (this is a boxing quote by Alexis Arguello - a Nicaraguan boxer ) and stamped the key and stamp.
Well, that's it.
Hope you like it. Any comments, whether positive or negative are welcome as well as any suggestions in how to make my work better.
Thank you for looking.
Ally
xx

8 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it looks so great! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (tho I think you're a lot more talented than you give yourself credit for!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice image. I don't personally 'get' ATCs, ut I think yours is really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it looks just great, and I love your attitude to what you do ... I think we all worry what other people think of our work. But honestly, it's really good, so well done on taking the plunge and joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is great as it is :) As long as you had fun creating it that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! That background is awesome, and the quote is so fun with that image. Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I know what you mean about bitting the bullet! Your challenge piece and the quote are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails